Online First Time Homebuyer Education
We have temporarily paused our First Time Home Buyer Education Program for 2020. For updates about the program, please contact Ann Robinson, Chief Programs Officer, at Ann@capecdp.org.
In order to receive First Time Home Buyer Education, we suggest the following:
Option 2: Visit https://www.chapa.org/housing-courses/homebuyer-education-agencies for a list of approved counseling agencies that offer education.
This Online Homebuyer Education course is for first time buyers who are unable to attend an in-person workshop.
Smart home ownership Starts Here! The CDP has teamed up with Framework to offer an easy to use on-line platform.
Buying a home is a big deal, whether you're doing it for the first time or getting back into the ever-changing market. When you educate yourself for smart home ownership with Framework, you'll navigate every step of the process with confidence.
The Online First Time Home Buyer course is affordable too: just $100. You will pay in two parts as follows: $75 fee to register for a Group Meeting and access the online course, $25 fee when you attend the Group Meeting, payable by check made out to "Community Development Partnership.
The program consists of self-paced online modules to be completed at home, as well as one in-person Group Meeting. Satisfactory completion of both the online modules and the Group Meeting are mandatory in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. Group Meetings are scheduled monthly and Pre-Registration is required.
Steps to complete the course and receive a Certificate of Completion: total cost = $100 per household.
- Call the Director of Housing Advocacy to confirm your eligibility to take the course (508) 240-7873 ext. 10. The online program is only available to those who cannot attend an in-person workshop.
- Register for a Group Meeting and pay the $75 fee. You must satisfactorily complete the online course before attending a Group Meeting, so pick a date far enough in the future.
- Complete online course in its entirety before your scheduled Group Meeting. Course completion includes all tests with a score of 80% or higher on each. If you have difficulty reaching these scores, you may be contacted by Framework to assist you in progressing to the net step.
- Attend your scheduled Group Meeting, pay the $25 fee with a check made payable to "Community Development Partnership". A Group Meeting is mandatory in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. Bring the following items to your Group Counseling Session:
- Final payment of $25 via check or money order made payable to “Community Development Partnership". You may also pay with a credit card.
- A copy of one credit report, pulled within the past year. Note any derogatory (negative) items and bring your questions about how to repair your credit. You will receive instructions about how to pull a credit report once you register for the course.
Framework Online First Time Home Buyer Education course has received the Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative’s “Seal of Approval” from the Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA). CHAPA certification is essential for potential first-time home buyers to access affordable mortgage products such as those offered by MassHousing, Massachusetts Housing Partnership (“ONE” program), other municipal and government programs and some commercial lenders, and down payment and closing cost assistance programs administered by organizations such as Housing Assistance Corporation and MassHousing. Towns also typically administer buy-downs that may suggest this course.