COVID-19 Emergency Resources
Commmunity Development Block Grant (CDBG) Application
If you own a business in one of the eight Lower Cape towns (Brewster, Harwich, Chatham, Orleans, Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro, Provincetown), you might qualify for a Microenterprise grant or loan up to $10,000. This regional grant to the Town of Truro is funded by Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV) funds administered by the Massachusetts Dept. of Housing and Community Development. We are currently accepting applications.
These applications are first come, first serve based on a COMPLETE Application. A complete application includes the form and all of the attachments that are required for your specific situation.
There are two methods for submission, electronic and paper.
If you wish to use the electronic version:
- Here is the link to a google form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrRw_v8lMQ9IqsA2J0RMgFvFj3r9YOkw_FKgWFfAURFxww5A/viewform?usp=sf_link
- The google form asks how you would like to submit your attachments which can be done via paper or with an upload. An upload link will be provided when Google Form has been received.
- The required attachments are included Electronic Application Description and Attachments.
- Submit attachments through the method you choose.
- Your application will be stamped with the date and time received. However, if the uploads are not submitted in one complete package and other items are submitted at a later date, that will be the date and time of COMPLETE Application.
If you wish to use a paper version:
- A full paper application with a list attachments.
- Fill out the application and return to the CDP at 3 Main Street Mercantile, Eastham, MA 02642. To ensure contactless delivery of documents please leave your application package in the CDP mailbox which is between units 7 & 8. Then call Alex at 508-240-7873 x22 to let him know that the application had been dropped off.
- Alex will then be able to stamp the application with the time and date received. However, if the application is not submitted in one complete package and other items are submitted at a later date, that will be the date and time of COMPLETE Application.
If you need a pre-printed paper version: A paper version of the application will be available at the CDP Offices in the “drop” box which is located below the CDP mailbox between units 7 & 8 at 3 Main Street Mercantile, Eastham. There will be multiple copies in the yellow file folder, please take only what you need so that there are copies for others that may also be in need of this version of the application.
If you have questions or need assistance with any part of the application please contact Pam email@example.com or 508-514-1369 mobile or schedule an appointment using the links below.
Schedule an appointment with Pam:
General Re-opening Resources
- Reopening Massachusetts provides a plan for reopening, including industry specific reopening guidance.
- Mandatory Workplace Safety Standards from MADPH.
- Mandatory Self Certification Requirements - These requirements include a control plan for reopening and post the Compliance and Employer Posters.
- SCORE's Reopening Tool Kit covers: cash flow, marketing and communication.
- Massachusetts Reopening 4 Phases with more information coming.
- US Chamber of Commerce Reopening Guide
- Tocci & Lee’s Guide to Reopening Business
Other Helpful Resources
- Back to Work Safely - US Chamber working with multiple industries includes links to those industries resources and guidance.
- National Restaurant Association - Updated Restaurant Reopening Guidance.
- American Hotel & Lodging Association - Top 5 Requirements to Travel Safely
- FDA Best Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants and Food Pick Up and Deliver Services
- National Retail Association - Operation Open Doors
- Professional Beauty Association - Back To Work Guidelines
Compiled below is a list of resources to help small business during this unprecedented crisis. If you have any questions or are in need of assistance, please contact Pam Andersen.
Small Business Assistance
CDP Inside Scoop Business News
For Small Business Assistance Loans
- Emergency Injury Disaster Loan
- PPP Forgiveness - Most banks are accepting forgiveness applications for PPP loans over $150,000. For under $150,000 waiting on congress to enact new forgiveness legislation.
- SBA Debt Relief Program – for businesses with existing 7(a), 504 and microloans
- Other Small Business Loan Resources
Individual Business Assistance
- Community Development Partnership - Contact Pam Andersen
- Cape Cod SCORE
- Massachusetts Small Business Development Center
- Coastal Community Capital
- Small Business Strong is a private and public sector partnership set up to help women and minority owned small businesses navigate the devastating impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. They have some great resources for a variety of industries including: Hotels & Hospitality, Food Supply & Agriculture, Arts, Retail, Food Services.
Other Online Resources
- The Lawyers for Civil Rights Boston has video training to help employers, visit their website and facebook page.
- WE CAN offers Business Law Legal Consults to businesses on Cape Cod. Call WE CAN at 508-430-8111 to schedule an appointment.
Massachusetts Statewide Information
Food and Restaurant Resources
Resources for Agriculture
Resources for Artists
- Cape Cod Arts Relief Fund
- The Mass Humanities with funding from the National Endowment for the Humanities will offer grants to museums, libraries, archives, and other non profit organizations across Massachusetts. Application opens May 4th.
- https://districthallboston.org/grants-and-resources-for-entrepreneurs-artists-non-profits/ National Resourses for Artists, Writers and muscians.
- Love, Live, Local a Hyannis based non-profit is offering free listings to any business that is currently open. You can message them on their Facebook page.
- The U.S. Chamber Foundation is launching the Save Small Business Fund with Vistaprint to provide assistance to small businesses and local chambers of commerce impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. For More information click here.
- Cape Cod Resiliency Fund - From Live, Love, Local will provide direct grants to small business owners on Cape Cod to offer some relief from economic damage caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. Applications are open now.