Each year, the Community Development Partnership presents two awards to distinguished members of our community — the Gwen Pelletier Award for Excellence in Community Service and the Norm Edinberg Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship. The honorees are selected from nominations by the community.
This year's Norm Edinberg Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship was awarded to Sunbird Kitchen.
This Year's Gwen Pelletier Award for Excellence in Community Service was awarded to Vicki Goldsmith.
You can watch the awards video presentation here!
Gwen Pelletier Award for Excellence in Community Service
The Gwen Pelletier Award for Excellence in Community Service was created to honor former longtime Executive Director, Gwen Pelletier for her years of service to the Lower Cape Community. It recognizes individuals, businesses or organizations for their involvement and support for maintaining the economic diversity of the Lower Cape.
Former Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity of Cape Cod
Prior Award Recipients Include
- 2019 –Andi Genser
- Former Executive Director, WECAN
- 2018 –John Pappalardo
- CEO, Cape Cod Commercial Fishermen's Alliance
- 2017 –Wellfleet Preservation Hall
- An organization celebrating arts, culture & community
- 2016 –Florence Seldin
- CDP Board Member, Retired School Superintendent, Chatham
- 2015 –Paul Ruchinskas
- Retired affordable housing advocate, Brewster
- 2014 –Jari Rapaport
- Long-time CDP Board Member, Eastham
- 2013 –Bob Murray
- Falmouth Housing Authority
- 2012 –Susan Lindquist
- Host of This Place Matters, Brewster
- 2011 –Lisa Brown
- The Haiti Project, Wellfleet
- 2010 –Senator Robert O’Leary
- Former State Senator
- 2009 –Mary Lou Petitt
- CDP Founder and Long-time Board Member, Eastham
- 2008 –Christine Austin
- Homeless Prevention Council (former Director), Eastham
- 2007 –Ted Malone
- President, Community Housing Resource, Inc., Provincetown
- 2006 –David Willard
- Vice President, Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank
- 2005 –Gwen Pelletier
- Award was established to honor the CDP's long-time, former Executive Director
Norm Edinberg Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship
The Norm Edinberg Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship was created to honor former longtime CDP Board Member, Norm Edinberg for his years of service to the CDP and supporting small business development on the Lower Cape. The Award recognizes an established Lower Cape business owner who has utilized CDP business and credit services, and who has an established community connection through social responsibility, environmental sustainability, volunteer time or financial contributions.
J'aime & Christian Sparrow, Karen Densmore, and Garrett Smythe
Prior Award Recipients Include
- 2019 –The Roberts Family
- Truro Vineyards and South Hollow Spirits
- 2018 –Chris and Virginia Smith
- Owners, Cape Cod Tree & Landscape, Inc.
- 2017 –Laura Davis
- Cosmos Catering, Provincetown
- 2016 –Judy Tarr
- Ben & Jerry’s in North Eastham
- 2015 –Tom Boland and Jim Farley
- Far Land Provisions in Provincetown
- 2014 –Sanette Groenewald
- Karoo Restaurant in Eastham