The Community Development Partnership offers a Home Buyer Education course for first time buyers. These courses provide information on budgeting, looking for, selecting, and purchasing a home, and local resources that may be available to buyers.
The Home Buyer Education Course has received the Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative's "Seal of Approval” from the Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA). CHAPA certification is essential for potential first-time homebuyers to access affordable mortgage products such as those offered by MassHousing, Massachusetts Housing Partnership ("ONE" program), other municipal and government programs and some commercial lenders, and down payment and closing cost assistance programs.
The workshop covers: credit health and budgeting; mortgage process and options; finding the right home and making an offer; appraisals; home inspection; legal procedures and protections; insurance protection; home energy audits and savings; ongoing homeownership. Classes are open to any interested individuals or households (2 people).
- The course consists of 9 hours of instruction over 4 classes.
- Participants must attend all four classes to receive their Certificates of Completion.
- Each participant is required to pull a credit report in order to receive their Certificate of Completion.
- Certificate's are active for two years.
Class schedule: These classes are offered via Zoom
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 5:45 pm - 8:00pm
- Thursday, September 16, 2021, 5:45pm - 8:00pm
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 5:45pm - 8:00pm
- Thursday September 23, 2021, 5:45pm - 8:00pm